Ozwone Grean Plant
Senior Horticulture Officer - Sri. V. Seenivasan
COLLECTION OF GARBAGE FROM THIS SOURCE ITS DISPOSAL METHOD
1. Two plastic buckets were given to each flats. One green bucket used for bio-degradable waste. The segregation of the garbage starts from the individual house.
2. Garbages were collected in two separate big plastic dust bin used for bio-degradable and non-biodegradable waste by the zero waste zone workers (on contract basis) daily in the morning from the residences using tricycle.
3. The collected garbages are taken to the segregation yard.
SEGREGATION OF COLLECTED GARBAGES
1. The IIT Madras campus has been divided into three zones named residential zone, academic zone and Hostel Zone.
2. The solid waste management deals with the efficient disposal of sewage, drainage water and the garbages.
3. The collected garbages from all the zones were taken to the segregation yard for further segregation.
4. The garbages were segregated a usable and non-usable item
5. The usable items like glass bottles, papers, bags, card board, plastic bottles, polythene covers, pet bottles etc. were separated and given for resale.